26 April 2008

Look what happened on Thursday night!


I went to check Smokey at the back of 11 & there she was - a gorgeous filly! I just cannot believe how lucky I am. I took these photos yesterday morning, such a shame that it was raining. I was so certain that Smokey was going to throw a colt this time that I haven’t thought of a name for her yet.


Texzanna went to stud this week to be covered by Doc n Mighty Mouse. She is not the easiest mare to see when she is cycling, but fortunately I had the help of one of the Mountain pony studs who, interestingly, leaves the herd & comes miles for a sniff over the fence at any of our mares when they come into season.


I have mentioned elsewhere that Texzanna likes to know what’s happening, well here she is spectating the boys playing football last weekend. Just after I had put my camera away, the ball went over the fence & she & Raspberry were muzzling it around having their own game for a few minutes.

1 comments:

MicBel QH said...

Congratulations on your new filly! She's cute! It's always nice to get what you are wanting.