When I went up on the Hill last week-end I was amazed to see not one, not two but three separate herds of mountain ponies. The first herd are what I call the locals, infact their photographs appear on the ‘History’ page of the website, they always tend to take shelter right outside the house on the road when the weather turns foul. The second band appeared to me to be younger, infact neither of these small herds had a colt running with them. The last group which I often see when I am riding, I have never seen this close before, this is a large herd & has a resident stallion who often comes visiting our mares, he knows they are in season before I do & he will leave his mares & travel miles to follow his nose. I often spend probably too long watching the ponies, especially on horseback. I have to be careful especially during the breeding season, as some riders have been attacked by the colts. There is so much wild life up on the Hill. I especially enjoy watching the Red Kite gliding & circling & listening to the curlews. I have never met or seen another soul, sometimes I hear the distant humming of an ATV, but here, it is just like being in my own private world.
06 October 2008
On The Hill
Posted by
channingqh
at
9:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hey, Caroline! Once again, you are on the cutting edge of technology ... making your own blog ... importing beautiful Quarter Horses ... there's just no telling what you might be up to!
You are an inspiration, and you keep my motivated just to keep up with you! Classy looks great. Thanks for selling us her wonderful daughter, GI Loper Mac (Beulah). xx
KT Rees
Post a Comment